Get started Washington!
Rebuild your credit.
An ideal way to establish or rebuild your credit in Washington is to open and maintain 3 open accounts. Two can be revolving (secured credit cards are ideal, see options below) and 1 institutional secured personal loan from your local Washington credit union or bank.
We believe in a debt-free life, so the best plan to rebuild your credit is to use your own money while re-establishing your credit.
Unlike traditional banks (Bank of America, US Bank, Wells Fargo i.e.) these banks will not report them as secured
cards and therefore no one will know it’s your own money. They will actually report as normal credit cards and the
bureaus will count them as regular credit cards and it will help you tremendously.
IDEAL INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE THE CARDS TO REBUILD YOUR CREDIT:
- Use at least twice a year
- Try your best not to use more than 25% from the given limit
- Always pay in full
- Another great idea to rebuild your credit is if you have any friends or relatives with well-established credit cards that have no late payments on them, ask them to add you as an authorized user on 2 or 3 cards for a period of four to six months. Some banks will accept that, but will not actually report to the credit bureaus, so make sure the banks representative will ask for your social security number and date of birth. Whoever does this for you may rest assured that your credit will not have any effect on them at all, and all they are doing is helping you establish positive history.
FIRST PROGRESS PLATINUM ELITE
MASTERCARD® SECURED CREDIT CARD
Fair or Bad Credit
- Monthly Reporting to all 3 Major Credit Bureaus to Establish Credit History
- No Credit History or Minimum Credit Score Required for Approval
- Quick and Complete Online Application
- Good for Car Rental, Hotels; Anywhere Credit Cards are Accepted!
- Credit Line Secured by Your Fully-Refundable Deposit of $200 — $2,000 Submitted with Application
- Nationwide Program – though not yet available in NY, IA, AR, or WI
- Merchandise APR = 19.99%
- Annual Fee = $29